“Now is the time!”
Why is scheduling a Year End Check In with your Bookkeeper so important?
For most business owners, the majority of your books should already be in order if you have a bookkeeper who is on their game. The fourth quarter should be focused on tying up any loose ends!
By scheduling time with your bookkeeper (and then your CPA) we can maximize tax deductions and make sure you start the new year feeling poised for growth!
During a Year End Check In with Bookkeeping Unlimited (BKU) we would go over the following questions with you:
- Are all of your bank and credit cards reconciled? Are your transactions properly coded and accounting software up to date?
- Did you pay off any loans that need to be closed out? Do you have any new loans that need to be set up? Is the interest recorded for each loan and balance of loan accurate?
- Do you need to discuss ongoing discrepancies that need to be resolved?
- Is your payroll recorded correctly? Is office salary separate from office staff?
- Does the owner need the health insurance recorded on W2?
- Do you have all of the necessary information to process 1099 forms for contract vendors?
- Need to compare income from last year to this year? Do you need to process any additional payroll? Put money in retirement accounts? Or even just get a retirement account set up?
- Where do you see your company going in the next year and how can we start planning for 2023?
Getting everything in order for your CPA is one of the main goals of a Bookkeeper. We take pride in ensuring your books are up to date and accurate! When these items are in order, tax time is a breeze and you can head into the next year with confidence. Being able to for the future is an added bonus of not spending year end playing catch up!